24 July 2009

21st Birthday Blog

My birthday just passed and I am now…dun dun dun…21!!!!


My Mom took my sisters, Darrian and my self to Seaworld (yay for monthly payment plans for passes!). That was interesting. Teehee. It was too hot and crowded to get much done but I enjoyed it nevertheless. On the way home we got fish and chips (we were all craving clam strips at Seaworld for some reason….ha!). Then I came home to a Toadstool-riffically decorated house with poster paper Hedgehogs decorating the walls. The family even made me an Amanita Muscaria birthday cake. They love me. :]


From the family I got:

A composter (finally finally finally!!! Wooo!!!!!!)

A 50 dollar Amazon gift card

A “giant” Matryoshka doll thanks to Alex. :]

A antique book on Henry VIII

A old book on real down dirty composting

A book on Matryoshkas (it’s bitchin!)

Wooden shoes from an antique (or thrift?) store

Some pretty cloths

A pretty brass candle holder that matches my room

A peacock feather (teehee)

A Corn Husk dolly making kit (looovvveeee it)

A dress from Thailand

A book on Norwegian-ness stuffs

A English clock with bundles of herbs as the numbers

And that’s it I think! Phew!


Oma gave me a set of abalone and silver hand hammered/made salt and pepper shakers with matching dish

A giant tomato pincushion of doom

A book on Berlin Art and Architecture

CHOCOLATE (nom nom nom)

A cool East Asian pendant

A quartz pebble

And some other things that I have to go hunting for (she always sends HUGE packages filled with random stuff for each of us to pick through)


Matt kindly came over and celebrated my 21st birthday with me in a somewhat traditional manner yesterday. Captain Morgan made me feel like I was going to grow hair on my chest then and there. Teehee. But later (meaning today) it all made me think about how I need to STOP being so stiff all the time and possibly become a more social person who is not constantly afraid of looking “stupid.” Damn me sometimes! Overall it was nice. Though...I totally suck at being a hostess AND Paige TOTALLY deserved to be tied to a tree an left there the entire time. :] BUT Matt DID get to see The Labyrinth (though I talked the whole time)! One cannot truly have lived without seeing that movie in my opinion.


Anywhoo…THEN finally the fabulous Christine (past life sisters!) came over just now and gave me a crap ton of awesome books from B&N! She got me little gnomes as well! She said it was TOO easy to shop for me. Haha. Big surprise there. teehee. Love ya Christine!


She got me:

A VERY cool journal with herbs, etc on the cover (soooo nice! Me lurves eet!)

The ..Forest.. House by Marion Zimmer Bradley

The Secret Diary of Anne Boleyn by Robin Maxwell

The Prose Edda by Snorri Sturluson (I’ve been meaning to buy this too!)

Some cool bookmarks (cause I have lots mine over the years and end up using whatever I grab off the floor)

AND two little funky gnomes that I LOVE! GNOMES GNOMES GNOMES!!!!


I have to say…this has been one of the better birthdays. :] And I didn’t look too kindly on turning 21 before it all happened! Pfft! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment