13 July 2009

Chant-a-riffic

I was laying in bed with Alex wishing she would fall asleep faster so I could finish wrapping an order when I start humming to myself. Needing something to pass the time with a 6 year old who refuses to go to sleep (I think she likes staring at everything covered in shadow at night like I do :] ) I try to think of a soft song I might know to sing to myself. When I can’t think of anything I start making up a song which builds up and then breaks down into “chanting.”

The chant was serving a purpose. Nothing special of course, just something for myself.

I love how occasionally the chanting makes my whole body (or at least some of it; hands/chest/etc) feel like it is vibrating and buzzing.

Oh the joys of random chanting.

But now, trying to calm down for the night I can’t remember what I was chanting. Which kind of sucks in a way. I wonder if that happens a lot with people or if I am just a “special” case of imbecile. ;]

I blame self inflicted sleep deprivation!

1 comment:

  1. When these spirit chants and songs come, I believe we enter a different plane and it's there they begin to work. I generally remember the message of the chant/song, but not the actual words. Sometimes I recapture it with a medicine poem. Sometimes I don't. But I know that the chant has done its work and results will follow.

    ReplyDelete