25 May 2009

Random Dead Bird

Yesterday I was out in my front yard “harassing” my middle sister Paige and her friend Emma before they would be leaving to go make-up shopping. Eh.

They were both munching on snacks and Paige kept trying to get me to eat the last bite of her yogurt, thus making ME the person to wash her spoon and throw out her yogurt container. So she kept trying and finally I turned away and looked down to where the creeping fig is growing and saw….a dead bird?

Yep. A dead bird. It looked like it was in mid-flight with it’s wings thrown out in death. There were webs or “something” covering most of the bird and it looked as if the head was missing. Oddly enough I didn’t feel anything creepy about it or feel it was a “bad” omen. In fact, it made me think on some poetry I wrote not too long ago among other things. Curious.

Paige screamed and ran inside when I showed her. So I skipped to the backyard and got my 6 year old sister Alex and her friend Darrian. They thought it was pretty cool once they saw it. Kids.

Alex wanted to get close to the dead bird and even asked if she could poke it. I told her no. How would she liked to get poked in death?

I am beginning to see that Alex is a wee bit morbid. For one she likes dead things apparently because once when we found what we thought was a dead lizard in a cup she wanted to poke that as well. ***SIGH*** She also does not mind blood all too much on movies or tv and likes ghosts. I think it is an inherited trait from her “sperm donor.”

Darrian lost interest quickly and even almost stepped on the poor bird when he was using the hose lying on the cement as a tight-rope and fell off. Teehee. The boy looses interest and the girl wants to play with the dead thing? Curiouser and Curiouser.

Not sure whether I should give the bird a burial or not. I think I will leave the task up to my step-father Robert. Yep, sounds like a plan. Maybe if I was an old school witch I would keep the bones in a bottle or something. Too bad I don’t have a pot to boil him in. teehee. Just kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment