26 May 2009

Fairy Blood Dream

Just the other day I was wondering why I was not having dreams like I normally get. I have noticed that every once and a while this occur until I actually NOTICE not having dreams that I can remember and think about it. Then usually: POOF! Dreams start happening again. Maybe it is a stress thing? Who knows?

Here is a dream from a night or two ago that I scribbled onto paper so I would be able to recall most of it and share. It is long…but interesting. At least I think it is…but then again I “SAW” it all happen and someone else’s interpretation may not come up with the same images. :]

….I am in a car and have just been dropped off at the end of the winding hill I live on. It is familiar and yet darker, denser and full of….kids? Children are playing EVERYWHERE and they look like someone pulled them out of the past. I am unable to discern the time period….or time periodS of their dress. I start walking up the hill and by this time I have noticed I am a small petite girl with short black hair neatly combed in a very ordinary and boring fashion. I am wearing what looks like some sort of school uniform. I look maybe French or Spanish in the dream? Maybe? In reality I am a large and fairly tall with light brown hair…so? Hmmm…odd.

When I get almost to my house I see a sort of monster that looks like it popped out of Dali’s imagination. It is really tall and has legs that are skinny and a body that is scrunched up and small. The body is connected to what looks like a boy and a girl connected together a little above the waist. The whole monster is cream colored. The monster is walking over all the houses and I know it is looking for me. I hide until he passes over the rest of the hill and then proceed to my house cautiously.

Like most dreams I recognize the house as my own and it has some little familiarity from my real (in reality) home…but it is NOT my real home. The house is pretty empty and as I move through it I realize I have a brother who looks about a year or two older than me with the same black hair but a darker complexion. He is standing next to me and wearing a red shirt compared to my drab dull blue hues. It appears as if we both have just gotten home from school. As we move through the house something picks up the whole thing and moves it to the middle of a sunny town square full of KIDS (AGAIN!). The thing that moved our house is a giant kid. The house is about the size of his palm. We can’t see him but we know what he looks like…and he is also entirely cream colored. Once he sets the house down we rush to close, lock and cover all the random giant doors and huge open windows.

A dark haired woman is sitting in the shadows and watching us from our living room as we lock everything up as best as we can. I know her as my grandmother or maybe my great-grandmother although she looks at the most maybe 29. Someone is looking for me but I have a feeling this woman is going to protect me. A man comes out of a side room and looks to be in his 40’s. He is wearing a red shirt like my brother and is VERY tan with black hair with a bit of gray above his ears. His face is somewhat pock marked in places on his square face. I couldn’t tell if he was my uncle, father or even a young looking grandfather but he was familiar and yet I didn’t know him.

The man is very nice and smiles a lot. He seems like he would be laid back if he wasn’t in the situation he was in and yet he was optimistic. People knock at our front door and go to speak with my grandmother (?). We have been turned in by a snobby looking kid in a tie and he has come with a large group of some sort of officials. I find out why they are looking for me. I am a witch. Apparently that is not all. The reason my grandmother (?) looks so young is? YEP. She’s a fairy. In the dream I am descended from fairies.

So we sneak away. My brother goes to hide in some other room (the house is VERY dark and full of doors and rooms) while I am taken by the man to the bathroom where I am made to lie in the tub fully clothed. He is laughing and says the only way to hide a witch is under water. He then brags that I get my fairy blood through his side. Alrighty then! A small girl who looks about 12-16 starts to fill up the tub. We are related as well. How can I tell? The same black hair. She also doesn’t say much like the rest of us (excluding the man). Oddly enough I could see myself as the girl in the tub and easily being able to fit but I could “FEEL” myself scrunching up and trying to get under the water because I know how big I really am.

Once the water starts to pour over me it starts to “mask” the magic that apparently everyone but me can see. But I see it now! Through the water there are different lights coming off my body and it looks like some script, newspaper clippings and other things floating around my body. Something I imagine a bunch of “visions” bunched together might look like. It was a trip!

As the water is coming over me I feel anxious because something big is about to happen and it is partially over me. Plus, I am wondering how I am going to breathe and wondering why someone would want me and if they knew my whole family is of fairy blood?

THEN Alex (my baby sister) pokes me and tells me to wake up. Guess I don’t get to see how the rest goes! Ah well. Very odd dream to “watch” happen. Maybe I’ll dream it again, I do that occasionally. :] I know there was another monster (also cream colored) but I can’t place him or her now that is has been so long after my dream. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment