28 September 2009

Inner Workings (poem)

Inner Workings
By Karina Young
27 September 2009

Curious as a cat
I wished to know his mind
I wished to know those
Deep inner workings
So I reached to touch
And unlatched the door
Barring this knowledge from me
His face opened and before my eyes
Was a race of small beings
This is how he functioned
With these small wonders
Swarming around in his mind
Carrying out their duties
His face was a series of
Intricate webs and wires
Flickering lights
Occasionally smoke
Darkness and dust
And matter unknown to me
I stared in marvel
At this creature
This fascinating entity
Utterly in awe
At the sight of it all
And yet still uncomprehending
Still lost and unknowing
I put his mask on again
Allowing him to hide
Such a marvelous sight
Once more
Letting HIM choose what he
Wishes to and NOT to reveal
In my mind I seal the doorway
With a kiss
Hoping he doesn’t let the lock
Stay frozen and rusted
Until the end of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment